Worthwhile viewing available instantly on Netflix.
Paris, Je T'aime
Short films, all set in Paris, by some big time directors (including the Coen Brothers, Alexander Payne and Alfonso Cuarón). Makes me wish there was more of a market for short films.
Let the Right One In
It takes a lot for me to recommend a horror movie. It takes a lot for me to recommend a Swedish movie. This film cleared both bars.
Super High Me
More than just an amusing stunt.
Harvard Beats Yale 29-29
This documentary isn't really a sports story. The casual name dropping in this film is unbelievable. Ivy Leaguers rule the planet.
I saw this documentary at SxSW in 2008. Seems a little quaint now, but if you're curious about my typical customers and coworkers, check it out. Entertaining.
Party Down: Season 1
I've already recommended this to most of you. It's among the funniest shows on TV.
Fascinating in concept and execution.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
- The opposite of "victory riot" is "broken quarterback".
- The opposite of "Deep Eddy" is "chlorinated hobo".
- The opposite of "seething rage" is "seething insomnia".
- The opposite of "youth" is "painful, mystery thumb split".
This Was Said©
Perfectly sensible sentences uttered by me, now stripped of all context.
- I'm going to be a lot more aggressive with my words this year. Score or draw the foul.
- Mexican Breakfast. Not just my favorite breakfast. My favorite meal.
- Managing a baseball team is the dove hunting of coaching.
- I'm embarrassed, but it worries me that I'm not more embarrassed.
- I will go from zero to Chet on the next person that suggests I volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters.
A public service to raise awareness of notable cons, flimflams, swindles, and cheats.
- The New, New Fagshoes Varney
- Wait, What? 2: The Huh-ing
- Non-Dairy Yogurt-Eyes Only for You