Wednesday, June 13, 2012

House Music (#19 of __)


Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
I've been urged for months to try Alabama Shakes. Classic-sounding southern blues that has exceeded my expectations. This hits me in the same spot as Raphael Saadiq's most recent album. I'm more with  impressed with each listen.

---

File:Cancer 4 Cure.jpg
El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
I discover alt-hip-hop that I like about once a year. This year, it's El-P. Dense flow, unsettling and cinematic beats, subject matter worthy of Philip K. Dick.

---

File:Album cover for Brendan Benson's 2012 studio album What Kind of World..jpg
Brendan Benson - What Kind of World
I really like Jack White's new solo album. I like his Raconteurs co-front man's album even more. Alt-power-pop that reminds me of Todd Rundgren. White's and Benson's releases and tours should nicely overlap, so maybe we can get another Raconteurs album next year.

No comments: