Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival
While I probably could have scored a free pass with just a phone call, volunteering ensured that I’d make it out of the house every night from start to finish. As a result, I was downtown all four nights from 6 to 12, on call about half the time, free to go to shows for the rest.
- The Parish - Ian Karmel, Paul Varghese, Hannibal Buress
- The Parish - Chris Cubas, Rory Scovel, Chelsea Peretti
- Beale Street - Double Header: Ramin Naze, Erin Jackson, Sean Patton
- Beale Street - Austin Show: David McQuary, Holly Lorka, Jimmie Roulette, Brian Gaar, Matt Sadler, Danny Palumbo, Kath Barbadoro, Nick Mullen, Scott Hardy, Ramin Naze
- The Parish - Show House: Moshe Kasher, Brendon Walsh, Nikki Glaser, Marc Maron, Lucas Molandes, Ari Shaffir, Duncan Trussell
- The Parish - Mike MacRae, Nikki Glaser, John Mulaney
- Couldn't fit in a show with Maria Bamford.
- Only got to see a 10 minute set from Marc Maron.
- Couldn't fit in any improv/sketch shows at Stateside or New Movement Theater.
- Forgot to bring Excedrin on Thursday night. I’m not being precious or cute when I say that I smiled and laughed until my head hurt, every night. Same thing happened during SxSW, when I ended up at four comedy shows in one night. Headache medicine is a must. Didn't make the same mistake on Friday and Saturday.
From my perspective, the festival seemed like an unqualified success, and was certainly more polished and well-run than the first ACL Fest.
Love this town.